Tuesday 11 August 2015

(An Actual) Back to School Checklist!

It's a time of year when the to-do lists start to grow and it can be difficult to get back into school mode. This checklist below might make it that bit easier to start organising a few bits for September.

Image Source

1. Folders/Dividers

I always try to have my folders (not usually with much in them!) ready before the school year begins. Generally, I have a Planning Folder, Assessment Folder and a General Class file one too. I have a free set of dividers available in my TpT store.

Folder Headings

2. Timetable

While sometimes it can be difficult to have a finalised timetable (until you find out P.E. times, times when support teachers may be coming into your class or taking children out), it is useful to have a rough timetable ready before returning.



3. Your Desk

My desk usually doesn't stay clean for very long, but heading back is always a good time to get it organised/cleared out.  I always keep a copy of my timetable and a jar for pens/stampers on it.
I also have a tray to store sheet & handouts we are currently working on.
These are some cute storage boxes I purchased in Tiger for my desk.


4. Bulletin Boards/Classroom Labels

I usually don't put up too much before the school year starts but there are some things that will stay up for the whole year, such as labels, your name on the door, classroom rules etc.
Even having them downloaded and ready to print is useful.

Image Source
For Irish teachers, I have a Gaeilge version of classroom signs available here.




5. Classroom Organisation

Have you got enough chairs/tables in your room? Are they organised in groups/rows? I often change the table arrangement as the year progresses as it often depends on the particular class and the age group.


I have set up a back to School section of my TpT store which might have some useful rewards, posters and activities to start off the new year! :)

Back to School Resources

Find other Back to School Posts here:

  


No comments:

Post a Comment